Sunday, April 27, 2008

~wedding of the past~ Stephanie and Dan





Steph and Dan were married last October at a beautiful church in the heart of Portland. She then went to the beach for a fun photo shoot and then they had their reception at the Woodlands country club in Falmouth. Steph and Dan used chocolate brown and soft pinks and had a maid of honor and a best woman. They also had their respective brothers as their ushers. It was a unique way to honor the men and women in their lives. Steph looked amazing in her fitted lace gown. I had to sew her in it....literally. She and Dan were so perfect for each other. I had such a great time watching these two people from separte parts of the country find each other in Maine. Steph is from Utah and Dan from Maine. Steph came here to be a high power attorney (which she is) and ended up meeting the man of her dreams. I hope you guys are having an amazing first year of marriage. Funny side story, Christy Murray was their photographer and sent them my way. When Steph called to see if I was available I was literally in pre-term labor with Thomas. I had him the next day. She was so scared and kept saying, "Shouldn't I call you back??" I kept telling "No you are a great distraction from the contractions, the only thing is if a big one hits, I may not be able to answer your question right away, I may have to breathe first." She was such a great sport and hired me anyway. She also had the best Father Daugther dance ever. Her Dad was a riot, he grab her during Pretty Woman and they dance like rock stars. Well, more like a combination of Mick Jagger and Elaine on Stienfield. I laughed so hard I cried. I love when people allow their personality shine through and make their wedding unique.

No comments: