- I always plan as if it is going to rain, then you can be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't. That means, have an indoor location that fits ALL your guests comfortably. This doesn't mean that everyone needs to sit, just be comfortable.
- If you are determined on being outside, put a tent on hold, and you can decide up to three days before your event, whether or not you want it to go up. Remember, you still need to pay for the tent even if you do not use it.
- Buy umbrellas for all your guests to use. This is a fun and cute way to kindly ask your guests to sit in the rain. Umbrellas come in many colors and fabrics, to add a fun touch, you can also have them personalized with your names, monogram or graphic that fits your theme.
- Have a rain plan ceremony. If you are going to ask your guests to sit outside have a "rain plan" ceremony, shorten it so no one gets soaked or too cold.
- If as the day gets closer and there is nothing but rain in the forecast, buy your bridesmaids fun Wellies so they will be more comfortable and their heels won't sink into the ground.
- Embrace the change in plans. Have pictures with your new rainy day props- remember guests take their cues from the bride. If you are having fun and enjoying your day, they will as well.
- Remember Alanis Morissette said that it's ironic to have it rain on your wedding day, but in Hindu tradition it is good luck to have rain on your wedding day... I think the Hindus have it right...
Monday, March 29, 2010
With all this rain here in Maine, I thought it would be apropos to discuss the concept of a rain plan. I know it is a touchy subject for brides planning an outdoor wedding, or any wedding at all. Brides cling to the farmer's almanac, pray to the rain gods, and even beg their planners to "make" it not rain. As the day gets closer, brides stalk the weather channel and check the ten day, then five day forecast for minute by minute updates. Save yourself the stress and prepare a rain plan that you love "almost" as much as the original. Here are some simple tips on making a sound rain plan that will give you peace of mind....
- ► 2011 (35)
- Rain Plan!
- The Maine Troop Greeters welcomes over one million...
- Happy St. Patty's Day~ Being Green
- An event for Penobscot Theatre, Beer and Brats, A ...
- What is a Groom's Cake? Is it worth the investment...
- Bat Mitzvah with a night club feel! Mia's Pink, Or...
- L-Factor Hair Show~ Results....AMAZING
- Oscar inspired wedding...Sarah Jessica Parker Chan...
- The Secret Garden, L-Factor's Hair Show, 2010
- Irish and French Inspired Wedding
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2009 (33)