Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cake!

I was talking to Leslie tonight about her cake. The photo below to the left. So now I am craving cake. So I wanted to show you some of my favorite cakes. The cake below is one designed by my favorite cake guys for a baby shower I did for my best friend. They are debuting a new bakery in an old bank in Skowhegan, Maine. Their shop is called Bankery. Such a cute name. Matthew and Mike are more the bakers, they are true artists. I am so excited for them to start up on their own. They love challenges and are true perfectionists. Oh and by the way their cakes are sooooo good. I love them. I want to have a piece of chocolate cake with butter cream frosting and a tall glass of milk. Man, now I am really hungry. If you are looking for an amazing cake email Matthew and Mike at thebankery@gmail.com. They will be getting a website up soon and I will let you know when it is up.
As for the cake above, it is from Anya and Clint's wedding. They had their wedding September 8, 2007 at the Bar Harbor Regency. They were such a fun couple. Anya 's cake was so stunning with orchids and dots. The orchids were also in the centerpieces, bouquets, and pew decor. The lime green orchids worked well with the pink roses. It gave the wedding a tropical feel, even though we were in the Northeast. They made their wedding so personal and fun. I laughed so hard all night by their one liners and love for each other. After cake was cut I was even pulled onto the dance floor by the bride and groom....I am still puzzled that they heard the song, "brick house" and thought of me. Oh well, I will take it as a compliment! More pictures from their fabulously fun wedding coming soon!




No comments: