Friday, March 14, 2008

Congratulations Christy!!!


My friend and colleague Christy Murray got married!! Christy is one of my favorite photographers. We have worked together on a couple of weddings and have so much fun together. She and her "husband" had a destination wedding in Isabela Puerto Rico. She and Dan had an incredible day with their close family and friends. A destination wedding is so perfect for Christy. She has such a sense of adventure and whimsy. I am so happy for her. These gorgeous pictures were taken by Christy's friend who is starting out in this business, Stephanie Leigh. This is one of my favorite photos. It was taken the next day.
These sessions are called Trash the dress. Trash the dress sessions take place a few days, weeks, or even months or years after your wedding day. And no, you don't actually destroy your dress, you just get it a little dirty before you clean and store it. You don't have to worry about the reception or getting your dress dirty. I love these risky and sexy photos, they seem so much fun. You can do it alone or with your new husband. The most popular place to take them is on the beach but you can also do them in the woods or on a mountain top. I love this trend so much I am thinking about doing some this summer for an anniversary gift to my husband. If you have never thought of doing a trash the dress session, I would greatly encourage you to plan on it. If you are already married, what a great excuse to wear your dream dress again!

No comments: